The year-long sound installation series the-possible- impossible-thing-of-sound ends with Telepresence, a virtual reality piece created by sound and media artists Kiran Bhumber and Nancy Lee, and featuring Vancouver based trumpet player JP Carter. Telepresence seeks to redefine conventions of the concert setting, by reversing the hierarchy between visual and audio elements within a virtual performance environment. The virtual reality experience utilizes volumetric film making techniques, generative, animated visualizations, immersive and live sound.
Presented in collaboration with Emily Carr University of Art and Design and supported by Creative BC Music Fund and the Province of British Columbia.
*$1.00 charge for online ticket sales
- Online tickets will close on Thursday, December 13 at 2pm
- ALL ADVANCE TICKETS ARE WILL-CALL; Please bring a copy of your receipt and identification to claim your tickets at the box office
- No reserved seating
- Limited seating: WF reserves the right to give away seats if advance ticket holders are not present five minutes before the show time
- Box office opens at 6:30pm for door sales and advance ticket pick-up
- Subject to availability, tickets will be available at the door for $15. Check our website for updates on ticket availability.
- Students must bring valid student ID. WF Members must bring their membership card