Saturday, May 18, 7pm
Doors at 6:30pm
Anishinaabe violist Melody McKiver’ssolo and collaborative work explores the Indigenous experience on Turtle Island. Highlighted by their cinematic and theatrical scores, Melody’s debut EP Reckoning(2017) is a sonic storytelling of the lingering intergenerational impact of the Indian Residential Schools and the recent Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Garnering critical acclaim, the album was nominated for an Indigenous Music Award in 2018. In addition to their Western Front debut, McKiver will also be performing at the University of British Columbia on May 17, as part of the HASTAC 2019 Conference: “Decolonizing Technologies, Reprogramming Education”. Please see hastac2019.org for more info.
Presented in collaboration with with the Institute for Critical Indigenous Studies at UBC, the Department of English at UVic, and HASTAC.
Advance Tickets: $15 General / $10 Students & WF Members
Door Tickets: $20 General / $15 Students & WF Members
+ $1.00 charge for online ticket sales
- Online tickets will close on Saturday, May 18 at 2pm
- ALL ADVANCE TICKETS ARE WILL-CALL; please bring a copy of your receipt and identification to claim your tickets at the box office
- No reserved seating
- Limited seating: WF reserves the right to give away seats if advance ticket holders are not present by 6:50pm
- Box office opens at 6:30pm for door sales and advance ticket pick-up
- Subject to availability, tickets will be available at the door for $20 general / $15 students & members. Check our website for updates on ticket availability
- Students must bring valid student ID. WF Members must bring their membership card